Friday, 9 April 2010

Welcome to the Tordal Mortensen Family Blog

Hello and welcome to our blog!
I have been thinking about starting up a family blog for a while, in order to keep family and friends up to date on what we are up to. So here we are :-)

Catch up on the year so far
So far this year we have been enjoying the summer in Melbourne. Summer here runs from approx. early November to the end of March.
In January, we always enjoy the Australian Open in Tennis, which is played here in Melbourne. This year we did not go though, but enjoyed the tennis on TV.

We were really looking forward to February, as we were going on holiday with Jakob and Kristina in Thailand.


It was great to spend some time together and catch up.
We had a great time in Phuket, where we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and Valentines Day. We also spent 4 days on Phi Phi Island; it was great (for me, Yasmin) to see Phi Phi Island again after 17 years when I was there as a backpacker. A lot had changed and there were definitely more tourists, but the nature and beaches were still as fantastic. Love Thailand!

On our way back to Melbourne, Kasper & I stayed in Singapore for 3 days where we did some power shopping and finally got to taste the
Singapore speciality Chilli Crab (see picture).


In March, we finally got around to book in for some golf training, which was our Christmas presents to each other. So for three Tuesday evenings in March, we went to Altona Lakes Golf Club, where we did a "long game" workshop. This was great value, as we learned how to hold the clubs, how to stand, how to swing, and most importantly - how to hit the ball!!! :-)

On the last training day, we went on the actual golf course and played the first hole, which was a par 3 hole. Our trainer said that if we as beginners got it in 6 hits that was quite good.... however, I (Yasmin) actually did it in 5 hits, and Kasper in 6 hits, so we were very happy and proud.

The successful training means that we are now hooked, so we are going to the driving range every Sunday to hit balls, and practice on putting. We are considering whether the next step should be more training, or just enrolling in a club and start playing, but we have not made up our minds yet, so we'll keep you posted! Next step is to actually get a set of golf clubs, so we don't have to rent clubs every time we go. (lucky it is my birthday soon) ;-)

Apart from considering whether or not it is possible to become a professional golf player, I (Yasmin) also had my last day at work at Hales, where I worked Mondays and Fridays, so now I am a full time "hausfrau", and enjoy being at home with the dogs. I am going back to work a final time this Monday, as the lady I was handing over to became ill at the end of March, so I have to go back for 1/2 - 1 day to hand over my responsibilities.


3 comments:

  1. Great idea for a family blog! Please post also photos of the cute dogs :-) Michal Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES !!! Ønsker dig/Jer rigtig god skrivelyst.
    Min "Illustrerede Tidende", som jeg kalder mit Ugebrev, har 2 års fødselsdag på onsdag, og jeg har fået så mange positive tilkendegivelser om mine skriverier, så ideen er helt sikker super :-) Knus fra Lise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michal, 2 new posts with dogs to keep you amused :-)

    Lise, du skulle lave dine skriverier i en blog ligesom denne, det er ret nemt & gratis ;-)

    ReplyDelete