Since we are so far away and most family/friends don't see us regularly, here are some images from my pregnancy...
About 4 months pregnant (mid May)
About 5 months pregnant - on holiday in Hoi An, Vietnam in June
About 6 months pregnant (mid July)
About 7 months pregnant (mid August)
A bit over 8 months pregnant (20th September)
As most of you know, I've had gestational diabetes during my pregnancy, so the doctors have advised me that they will induce labour approx. 2 weeks before my due date to prevent baby getting too big, which means our little man should arrive in 2-3 weeks time... Very exciting.
Apart from the diabetes thing, the pregnancy has been pretty good without too many issues, so I consider myself pretty lucky. In most cases the diabetes should disappear after giving birth, so hopefully that will be true in my case.
Kasper also thought he would participate in the picture diary
(no he is not that fat, he is blowing out his tummy ;-))
The last 2 weekends we have been attending birth preparation classes at the hospital. As part of this we also got a tour of the maternity ward at Werribee Mercy Hospital, where I'll be giving birth. Bonus is the hospital is only 10 min. from our house :-) We were pleasantly surprised at how modern all the facilities at the maternity ward is. I've found a few images online to give you an idea (of course I forgot to snap my own photos during the tour).
Werribee Mercy Maternity Ward
Werribee Mercy Maternity Ward -
this is the type of room we will stay in for a couple of days after birth
Of course, we have been getting a room and baby gear ready for the little man as well, so unfortunately our usual guest room has been turned into the nursery.
The cot in the nursery
a transportable bassinet bed (which we will probably have downstairs for day-time naps)
Wing-back chair and ottoman for night-time (and day time) feeds
The bathroom has been turned into change room with change table and baby bath
After a lot of looking around, I finally found a pram (barnevogn) that had all the features that I wanted. The seat is removable and can face either outward (seeing the world) or facing the parent. The seat can also be converted into a bassinet so baby can sleep lying down when out and about.
Seat in sitting position facing parent (can also be turned facing away from parent)
Seat has been converted into bassinet, so baby can sleep lying down
When removing the seat, I can add the car seat capsule with the adapter frame, which means that I can move the car capsule directly from the car to the pram without waking up baby if he's asleep, so I'm very happy with all this functionality.
Seat has been removed and I've added the car capsule adapter
Car capsule clicks right in, so I don't have to move baby if he's sleeping :-)
I think this is all the news for now.
We are getting very excited about meeting our little man. I should get some more information over the next few weeks regarding what day they want to book me into the hospital for inducement of labour...


Dejligt læsning.
ReplyDeleteJeg er ret vild med at du har sørget for en perfekt ammestol. Det må næsten være det vigtigste barselsudstyr :-)
Glæder mig til at høre mere.
Kh Janne
Tusind tak for fine fotos Yasmin :-) Alt er så fiks og færdig til at byde den lille mand velkommen til verden.Glæder mig rigtig meget til at se ham!
ReplyDeleteKnus til Jer begge fra Mutti